Here is this week's topic for your blog:
Would you give up television for a year if it meant you would get straight A's?
If you vote "yes," explain why you think this sacrifice would be worthwhile. What do you watch on television that you would miss most? How would earning straight A's positively impact your life?
If you vote "no," explain why you would not sacrifice television for straight A's. Why wouldn't straight A's motivate you to turn off the television? Why is television an important part of your life? Is there something else you would sacrifice for better grades?
Once you have posted your well thought out response, you will read and reply to the responses posted by your peers the following computer period. Comment thoughtfully on at least 2 other members of the class. Compliment strong points made, ask questions, and build on ideas shared.
Remember the rules for posting information to the web:
- NEVER post any personal information and use only first names please.
- Put the question in your answer and always write using full sentences and paragraphs. Feel free to add a picture (a creative commons one) or a video to enhance your blog post.
- Proofread your work (watch your spelling and grammar) before you post it.
- Keep it appropriate for school.
- Have fun and be creative!
As always, I am looking forward to reading your answers!
Mr. Boettger :-)